I am a huge fan of finding new ways to eat chocolate. The aduki beans in this recipe are a chocolate delivery system and I see very little wrong with this. Using dark chocolate with a high cocoa content combined with the textural beans and honey makes this recipe have a rich flavour without being too sickly.
you will need;
80g aduki beans (dried weight)
200g dark chocolate
- Soak the aduki beans in water overnight. Boil them until the are oft. Rinse off any scum.
- Place the aduki beans and honey into a food processor and pulse them so they are broken up but do not make them into a paste. You need the lumps.
- Melt the dark chocolate over a pan. I am very anti microwave melting it damages the chocolate. Mix the broken aduki bean and honey mixture in with the melted chocolate.
- Spread this mixture onto a board lined with baking parchment and cool in the fridge.
- When cooled cut into mouth sized bites and enjoy.