I am becoming increasingly obsessed with brunch and snacks and in the warm weather it suits me to have lighter recipes that is why I developed this recipe for eggless muffins. Despite being light they are packed with flavour and goodness. The muffin batter is easy to make as you don’t need to beat any butter.
you will need;
1/4 cup bulgar wheat
1/4 red quinoa
2tsp dried parsley
1tsp dried shallots
2 cups chopped broccoli florets
3tbsp olive oil
1 cup of crème fraîche
1 1/2 cups plain flour
22g baking powder
- Boil the bulgar wheat and quinoa according to instructions until cooked.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, add the baking powder, broccoli herbs and crumble the feta in.
- Add the crème fraîche, milk, olive oil and season with pepper.
- Take the cooked bulgar wheat and quinoa to the muffin batter, mix thoroughly.
- Grease a 12 hole muffin pan, fill each hole to the top and bake at 200C for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Wait for them to cool before removing them from the pan.