Who here doesn’t heart weekends, unless of course you have to work! Well even though I have a tonne of writing to do this weekend I am living it up weekend style. After a lavish pancake breakfast I wandered to a corner cafe in Edgar Quintet, Paris, around the corner from my house for drinks. Then I lost myself in the food market. Seeing such a wonderful array of produce in the pretty sunshine inspired many new recipe ideas that I will be developing next week. For today though I limited myself to a kilo of broad beans (fava beans) and some yummy peaches. I am going to make a bean pate recipe this afternoon so keep your eyes peeled for that appearing soon.
you will need;
2 eggs separated
pinch of salt
- Whisk your eggs into firm peaks and set aside.
- Next whisk your flour, salt, egg yolks and milk.
- Gently fold in your egg whites and raspberries. You can try adding different berries or even chocolate chips if raspberries are not your thing.
- Put around a tablespoon of the mix per pancake into a hot pan. Make sure that the pan is oiled and wiped you don’t want the pancakes swimming in oil.
- To serve simply stack, top with berries and pour on some honey.