Last year I made a resolution to try a new meal each week, I have not quite managed it every week but I am letting myself off as some weeks I tried three in one week. One of these weeks I made these so I thought I would share the recipe. They are really delicious and fresh tasting and the great news is they can be frozen and cooked later, I am all about time saving these days.
you will need;
1/2 cup white quinoa
600g sweet potatoes
1tbsp fresh oregano
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1 red chili (optional)
salt and pepper
- Cook the quinoa and set aside to cool. Peel and cube the sweet potatoes and boil until tender.
- Mash the potatoes and mix with the cooled quinoa.
- Chop the oregano and finely slice the chili.
- Mix the spices and herbs into the quinoa mixture. Stir in the brown rice flour.
- Form into burger shapes and cool in the fridge.
- Fry until brown and heated through then serve.
- If you want to open freeze them on a plate. Once frozen wrap in baking parchment. Defrost on a plate before cooking.