- First of all this paint dries quickly. Now I have been using water based eggshell as my paint of choice for a long while but this dries faster.
- It really does have good coverage. For the grey area I did only one coat!
- It does feel a little gloopy, so much so that I felt the urge to water it down, I didn’t and it spread nicely.
- Lets’ talk about finish. Now I am pretty impressive with a brush but it took practice to get results with little or no brush marks. Using this paint for the first time, so I have room for improvement, the paint sort of flattened out.
- So it might sound like up-selling when all sites say you should use Annie Sloan flat brushes to get a flat colour. So I bought the brush but I tried it with my own brush first. You need the genuine brush.
- More notes on coverage, I used the mini project pack so each pot was only 100ml. I painted this laptop table and I have loads left so a little goes a long way.
- I have only used the clear wax and that too has a little goes a long way policy. It buffs up to a slight sheen similar to a water based eggshell finish.
- Price. It is not cheap but it is good value. As I said earlier a little goes along way and cheap is not always best value. In my opinion it is worth the cash.
So far I am happy with the results and really pleased to have turned an ugly yellow pine table into a stunning one. Before I start using it all over the house I want to see how this paint job holds up, how robust it is. I will, of course keep you posted on that.