First off I will start off with a confession, my pin-boards are never as neat as they are in this photograph. The wonder of styling eh! I believe that if you can make a utilitarian object stylish/pretty/cute then you are on to a winner. Having a pin-board each has definitely reduced the arguing, although I did claim them both for the shoot.
I am currently dreaming up a way to have a cool whiteboard, or whiteboard alternative in my new office if you have any suggestions be sure to message me or comment below.
you will need;
2 cheap frames
aida fabric (the amount depends on the size of frames you choose)
fabric glue (optional)
the cross stitch patterns (found in Free Downloads)
- Remove the glass from the frames and set aside for future craft or printing projects.
- Work out the placement of your embroidery by laying the empty frame over the aida. You don’t have to use the same placement as I did.
- Once you have finished all of the embroidery press any creases out of the fabric with a warm iron but do not use the steam setting.
- Cut your cork card to size using the frame as a template. Fold the edges of your fabric around this and secure with large stitches or fabric glue.
- Place the wrapped cork into the frames and secure at the back using the original frame fixings.
If you have a large family you can make more that two or Yours, Mine & Ours. Remember to send me photos of your creations.