If you are not a fan of your own handwriting, we can’t all have wonderful handwriting, use a font you like. The font I used is called Helena and was around $10 to purchase.
you will need;
- Begin by making your stencil and cutting it out using a craft knife and sharp scissors.The advantage of freezer paper is that when you have a shape that needs a centre such as the letter O you can save the centre and iron it in place.
- Iron the stencil in place. Put a piece of cartridge paper in the centre of your sweatshirt in case any paint comes through. Use your fabric paint to fill in the stencil, I used a dabbing motion and did a few coats as I wanted the black to be really opaque.
- Leave the paint to dry, overnight if necessary. Fill this time with reading my archive pages, shopping in the Archie and Rug online store, drinking tea, baking cakes and sleeping.
- Remove the stencil, just pull it away gently.
- Iron the phrase to set the paint. Wear, enjoy and feel smug about the greatness of your new top, (smugness is entirely optional).