you will need;
10 free range eggs (yes 10)
200g fresh spinach
180g cherry tomatoes
1 recipe shortcrust pastry
2tsp dried thyme
salt and pepper
a little oil
- Begin by preparing your vegetables. Coat the tomatoes in a little oil and salt and roast slowly at 160C. Slice your courgettes and coat with oil and herbs and cook on a griddle pan until soft.
- Meanwhile tear your spinach and wilt down with a little nutmeg until all the liquid is released.
- Line a cake tin with shortcrust pastry and bake blind for 15-20 minutes.
- Arrange the vegetables and feta in the baked pasty shell.
- Beat the eggs and cream together, season and pour over the vegetables. Lay a ring of courgettes on the top. Cover the pastry edges with foil to prevent them from burning and bake at 180C for half and hour or until the eggs have set.
Do you like the look of the fruit covered cake to the right of the quiche? Of course you do. The recipe for that will be coming soon.