So I have been living without an oven for 9 months now but I refused to let that stop a girl from baking. This recipe for griddle scones is so incredibly easy and quick to prepare so you can have warm buttered scones in no time all you have to do to make it perfect is make a pot of tea and break out the Buffy box set.
you will need;
2 cups self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
2tbsp Greek yoghurt
25g salted butter
then add some flavour, here are some combinations I have tried out;
fresh chives & cracked black pepper
rosemary & thyme
garlic & sage
- Mix the flour and baking powder together.
- Rub the butter into the flour.
- Mix in your choice of flavouring.
- Add the Greek yoghurt and combine into a soft dough.
- Press out the dough onto a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick and cut into circles or squares.
- Place on a hot griddle pan, turn when they have risen and cook the other side. Both sides should be a golden brown.