I absolutely love making simple things pretty, like breakfast. This dish is essentially egg bacon and toast but hey it looks fancier. They are simple and quick to prepare and are a great way of making someone a special breakfast.
you will need;
3 slices of white bread
60g finely grated gruyere
2tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
splash of milk
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C. Cut the crusts off your bread and lightly butter it on both sides. I like to add a thin layer of Dijon mustard on the inside.
- Gently ease your bread into deep muffin tins.
- Whisk your eggs and milk together, season and set aside. Meanwhile gently fry your lardons.
- Add the lardons to your bread baskets and pour a little egg mixture into each one and sprinkle a little gruyere on top.
- Bake them in your oven for 15-20mins. Serve immediately although they still taste great as a cold snack.
You could try variations with mushrooms, sausages or tofu.