Fast healthy suppers are loved by one and all not just new mummies. A stir fry is synonymous with a speedy supper but it something I always forget about, then I remember and go through a real phase of making and eating them.
There is no need to get board of it as you can change the dish in so many ways. Unlike pasta you don’t feel heavy and lethargic afterwards. Is there anything that you go through phases of making in a row? In this post I have been experimenting with my indoor lights. I love my Pixel To Plate book, in my opinion the best photography book I have read. You can see examples of her breathtaking food photography on her blog Tartelette.
you will need;
3 spring onions, sliced
8 mushrooms, sliced
20g cashew nuts
4 shallots, sliced
12 peices fried tofu
1 dried red chilli
1tsp dried lime leaf
4 baby sweetcorn, split lengthways
2 sheets of dried egg noodles
1tbsp sesame oil
2tbsp tamarind sauce
1tbsp soy sauce
2tsp ginger juice
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the soy, tamarind and ginger juice. To get ginger juice you grate fresh ginger and squeeze
- Boil the water ready for your noodles. Plung them into boiling water
- Heat 1tbsp of the sesame oil and fry the onions and shallots for a minute. Then add the rest of the ingredients apart from the tamarind sauce mixture.
- Drain the cooked noodles into a hot frying pan with the other tablespoon of sesame oil and heat through. Meanwhile add the sauce mixture and stir through.
- Once everything is heated plate and serve.