The recipe serves four
you will need;
200g cooked chickpeas
100g dried soy mince
250g garden peas
2tbsp olive oil
1tsp cumin powder
2tsp dried coriander
1tsp dried mint
2 tsp chopped fresh chervil
1tbsp Greek yogurt
salt and pepper
4 burger buns (homemade or shop bought)
- Reconstitute your dried mince according to packet instructions and set aside in a bowl, I sometimes do this with hot vegetable stock instead of water.
- Chop your onion very small and fry until soft. When soft add the cumin, coriander and chickpeas. Cook for 5 mins.
- Blitz the chickpea so they are a lumpy paste. Mix this in with the soy mince. Form into patties and set aside.
- Prepare your fries by peeling and chopping the vegetables. Rub them with a little oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the fries in to roast.
- Meanwhile cook the peas in a small saucepan and fry the burger patties.
- Once the peas are cooked drain them and crush with a fork or masher. Mix in the dried mint, chervil and yogurt.
- Warm the peas on a low heat so the yogurt does not separate. Carefully remove your burgers from the pan and split in half, like a sponge cake. Then, just like a sponge cake spread a layer of peas onto the burger base and top with the other half of the burger.
- Assemble in a bun with your salad and condiment of choice. Serve with the fries.