One of my unofficial new year resolutions was to get more creative and eat more tofu. No reason really I just like the challenge of taking something that has no flavour and turning into something tasty. For this recipe I gave my yogurt pastry an outing.
you will need;
500g silken tofu
1tsp garam masala
2 carrots peeled and diced
1 tsp caraway seeds
1tsp dried marjoram
salt and pepper
1 batch yogurt pastry
- Roast your carrots with the caraway seeds at 200C and set aside.
- Take on batch of yogurt pastry and line a flan dish, bake blind until it just begins to turn a pale brown. Remove from the oven.
- Turn the oven down to 180C.
- In a food processor or blender mix the tofu, spices, herbs and season.
- Cover the pastry base with the carrots and pour the tofu on top.
- Return to the oven until it has set.
- Serve warm or cold.