If you would like to make create the meal we shared;
you will need;
1cup of (mixed bulgur wheat & quinoa)
3 cups chickpeas
5 spring onions
100g cherry tomatoes, halved
2 green chilies
200g feta cheese, cubed (omit for a vegan meal)
1 large aubergine
300g cooked beetroot
2 x 400g cans chickpeas
2tsp coriander powder
2 garlic cloves
2tsp ground cumin
2tsp ras el hanout
4tbsp gram flour
- Put the two cans of chickpeas, shallots, garlic cloves, coriander, cumin, ras el hanout and gram flour in a food processor and whiz into a paste.
- Liquidize the beetroot and stir into the falafel mix.
- Slice the aubergine into 4 slices lengthwise. Drizzle with olive oil and sea salt and cook on both sides on a hot griddle until soft.
- Slice the spring onion and chilies and fry in a little olive oil. Add the cup of chickpeas and fry on a low heat until the chickpeas begin to brown.
- Meanwhile boil the quinoa and bulgar wheat in a saucepan.
- Form the falafel mixture into small balls.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a small saucepan and fry them until golden. Drain on kitchen roll.
- Once the chickpeas begin to brown add the tomato halves and add them to the spicy chickpea mixture and continue to cook until the tomatoes burst and soften. When they are cooked take the pan off the heat and mix the feta through.
Serve on a large plate .
I hope that you enjoy making the recipes I have shared with you and that you make time to sit down and enjoy healthy food with those you love.