Just sharing with you a recipe for a light and healthy soup. Big hearty soups are a staple diet for me in the winter so I thought this light soup would make a nice spring/summer alternative.
you will need:
2 large leeks
1 inch of root ginger
1 small bunch of fresh coriander
1 medium potato
2 garlic cloves
olive oil for frying
300ml veg stock
salt and pepper to season
- Remove the tough outer leaves of the leeks, slice and wash.
- Peel and dice the potato. Then in a large pan heat the oil, gently fry the leeks crushed garlic and grated ginger until the leeks soften and season.
- Add the diced potato, veg stock and all but a few leaves of the coriander.
- Simmer until the potato is soft, then blend the soup. I have a hand blender I can put directly into the pan.
- Serve into bowls and garnish with the remaining leaves.