I have all sorts of scraps in my home; scraps of fabric, scraps of thread, scraps of wool and scraps of wood. I had some scraps that I had been using as sanding blocks, you know the wood that you wrap sandpaper around when you are sanding. The wood scraps were so nice that I decided they were due for an upgrade.
you will need;
scraps of wood
set square & saw
- Square of your scraps of wood using the set square and saw.
- Sand the wood until they are super smooth.
- Paint the edges of your wooden squares in different colours.
- Allow to dry.
- Cover all of the wooden blocks in a layer of varnish.
- When the varnish is dry sand with a fine grade sandpaper, wipe and then apply a second coat of varnish.
- Once it is dry the coasters are ready to use.