you will need;
2lbs new potatoes
250g firm tofu or 200g lardons
1 garlic glove
150g button mushrooms
100ml white wine
200ml crème fraîche
a little sunflower oil
2tsp dried thyme
1 whole Reblochon cheese (approximately 1lb)
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Cube the tofu and rub the cubes with a little oil, place on a baking tray and sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Bake until crisp.
- Cut the potatoes into almost bite sized pieces and Boil in a pan of water until tender. Not too squishy but they should slide off a fork.
- Meanwhile heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms and garlic. If you are making a meaty version you would add the lardons to the mushrooms and skip the tofu step whilst still preheating the oven.
- When the mushrooms have cooked enough so that the liquid has evaporated add the wine.
- Stir through the crème fraîche. Mix with the potatoes and tofu. Put the mixture in an ovenproof dish.
- Cut your cheese into small lumps and poke into the potato gaps, don’t worry it is not too much cheese just keep finding gaps and make it fit.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with green salad and more white wine.